Advanced Technical Ceramic Manufacturing
Plus Precision Machining of Polyurethane and Plastics
Precision Machine Component Applications
Many different types of precision machine components can be manufactured with RocCera’s advanced technical ceramics:
- Air Slides for X-Y Tables and Measuring Units – used in semiconductor manufacturing equipment, precision measuring instruments and high precision processing machines
- High Precision Gauge Blocks
- Air Spindles – lightweight air spindles for rotary tables or coupled with a motor to form turning units. These applications benefit from high rigidity and superior rotational precision of advanced ceramics.
- Air Bearings for high speed scanners
- Ceramic feedthroughs in vacuum systems for gases and electrical devices to eliminate outgassing
- High vacuum compatible ceramic (RTZ) fixtures
- Ceramic components are useful for laser and various optical applications for structural and thermal stability.
Alumina and RTZ ceramics components can be used for thread processing, oiling nozzles, rollers and twining devices. Ceramic wear parts are preferred because of high wear resistance, very low susceptibility to damage (dings and scratch) by high speed running of thread and very low (0.1 to 0.3) coefficient of friction as compared to metal or carbide counterparts.